Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – CNC Laser Operator
Job Reference – C03
Location – Magherafelt
Reports To – Production Manager
Hours of Work – 1pm to 10:30pm, Monday – Thursday with a 15% shift allowance.
Job Summary – Operate and maintain the CNC Laser and related tools and equipment. The post holder may also perform other production activities, including but not limited to supporting colleagues by assembling parts, operating machinery, as well as cleaning and maintaining equipment and the shop floor.
- Available overtime paid at time and a half rate
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Half day Friday
- 4 day working week (dependent on the role)
- Additional holidays for Length of Service
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lift raw materials manually, or using hoist onto machine in preparation for cutting
- Select and set up lenses based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters
- Establish proper stop location and adjust laser beam focal point
- Create and edit laser cut files from CAD drawings
- Achieve optimal cutting speed and yield
- Offload and kit processed parts
- Always manage and maintain files to ensure matching revision levels.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- 2+ years of experience operating a CNC laser cutting machine
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, work instructions and specifications
- Experience working with sheet metal with the ability to distinguish material types including aluminium, steel, stainless steel, copper and brass
- Experience of maintaining accurate job tracking records
- Competent at basic maths and dimensional measuring with the use of precision measurement tools
- Takes responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Experience of working on own initiative and acting to resolve any issues impacting upon performance
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively
- Experienced with a variety of tools, materials and equipment
- Valid overhead crane licence
- Valid Forklift licence
To Apply: Applicants can submit a completed application form or CV to email@example.com