Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – CNC Press Brake Operator
Job Reference – C02
Location – Magherafelt
Hours of work – 1:00pm – 10:30pm, Monday to Thursday with a 15% shift allowance.
Reports To – Production Manager
Job Summary – Set up, program, and operate the CNC brake press to produce high quality products to drawing specifications.
- Available overtime paid at time and a half rate
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Half day Friday
- 4 day working week (dependent on the role)
- Additional holidays for Length of Service
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpretation of drawings for programming of CNC brake press to enable the fabrication of sheet and folded components
- Construct detailed multi-fold programs to develop parts to match drawings
- Select the correct punches and dies for material spec/design radii and drawing requirements
- Configure bend allowances for sheet metal (stainless, aluminium & regular steel)
- Run bend and forming operations using standard and custom punches
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- 2+ years’ experience operating press brake machinery within a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand how the final product should look
- Solid background working with sheet metal with ability to distinguish material types including aluminium, steel, stainless steel, copper and brass
- Takes responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Competent at basic maths and dimensional measuring with the use of precision measurement tools
- Experience of working on own initiative and acting to resolve any issues impacting upon performance
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure and cost of poor quality
- Experience in maintaining accurate job tracking records
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively
- Valid forklift and/or overhead crane licenses.
- Experienced with a variety of tools, materials and equipment.
To Apply: Applicant can can submit a completed application form or CV to email@example.com
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.