Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – CNC Programmer
Reports To – Production Manager
Job Summary – As a CNC Programmer you will use Sigmanest software to generate detailed nestings for Trumpf and Esprit machinary to ensure they perform operations which result in precise quality finished components, efficiently and safely to the required tolerances and specifications.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- 2+ years’ experience programming software for CNC laser/plasma cutting machines
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, work instructions and specifications
- Good knowledge and experience of using excel
- Experience of evaluating simple to medium complex programs and determine if improvements can be made to the programme to increase efficiency, quality and safety
- Experience in taking responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Experience of working on own initiative and acting to resolve any issues impacting upon performance
- Excellent communication skills to convey detailed instructions to the machine operators, and to communicate with customers and engineers regarding designs and drawings
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure and cost of poor quality
- Programming Sigmanest software
- Hands on experience of operating Trumpf laser or similar CNC laser cutting machine
- Computer literate with knowledge of Solid Works / Solid Edge software
- Knowledge of ERP or MRP systems
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.