Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Accountant (Ballymena)
Reports To – Financial Controller
Job Summary – To support the Financial Controller (FC) in budget development, budgetary control, forecasting, financial modelling, and the development, design and implementation of systems and controls, financial policies and lead on the preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS IN THE ROLE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Third level qualification.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA).
- 5+ years related experience in a similar role.
- In depth knowledge of financial, MRP/ERP and integrated accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced excel skills.
- Producing year-end accounts and preparation for audit.
- Successfully implementing substantial change in financial processes procedures and systems.
- Leading and managing a team a team to deliver high performance.
- Designing and implementing or improving financial controls.
- Assessing and explaining performance variances from budget / forecast.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to use data to develop business and commercial insights and provide management information.
- Strong numeric, analytical and statistical competency.
- Commercially aware with the ability to see the wider picture and make informed decisions through analysis of the implications.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain information in a clear and understandable way to non-finance professionals.
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to motivate and develop your team.
- Proactive, flexible and co-operative approach to working as a team member.
- Experience in seeing projects through to completion.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills with a structured approach to ensuring delivery to deadlines.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures and advise on their implementation.
- Experience in a similar sector.
Finance & Reports:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales, including balance sheet reconciliations and variance commentary.
- Work closely with the FC and Senior Management team to develop the annual operating budgets, forecasts and the periodical reforecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting (such as margin and departmental reporting).
- Work with the Commercial team to cost jobs/projects and develop any relevant financial information to assist them in preparation of their proposals, tender bids etc.
- Support the FC with the compilation of all financial reporting in preparation for the external annual audit.
- Assist with the centralisation of finance activities as and when required.
- Maintain accruals and prepayment schedules.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Responsible for credit card and fuel card management.
- Maintain Fixed Assets register and monitor budgeted capital spend.
- Work closely with the FC to ensure financial systems are fit for purpose, sustainable and that users have correct access rights.
- Prepare and update the cash flow forecasts and monitor results.
- Work closely with all sites to ensure that all income and costs are efficiently captured.
- Ensure the Company’s financial policies are current and being adhered to.
- Research funding opportunities, complete funding applications, monitor awarded funds and their conditions, income earned from them and complete all relevant administration.
- Perform analysis on various company projects providing alternatives and recommendations as required.
- Participate as required in any due diligence processes; support FC to review all legal contracts and insurance policies and liaise with relevant representation as required.
- Establish and maintain relationship with banks, funding bodies etc.
- Motivate, develop and line manage Accounts team.
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to deliver an efficient and effective financial service to the business.
The responsibilities outlined above provide a broad view of the variety of the role and the high level of involvement in both management and financial accounting activities and projects. The successful candidate will be excited by the range of exposure to the business and the opportunity to be involved in different projects that arise and to take on tasks as necessary within the reasonable expectations of the role.
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.