Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Cost Engineer
Location – Coleraine
Reports To – Commercial Manager
Hours of Work – Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 17:15, Friday 08:00 – 14:00.
Job Summary – The Cost Engineer will play a key role within the estimating and pre-production function. Ensuring each project is scoped, effectively costed and production ready.
- Onsite parking
- Half day Friday
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Additional Holidays for Length of Service
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Engineering: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Finance or Business-related field.
- Specific estimating qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an engineering or related background.
- Experience using/creating manufacturing BOM’s.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings.
- Extensive experience with 2D & 3D CAD packages.
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Third level qualification in engineering; mechanical, industrial or other related engineering field.
- Knowledge of welding, painting and CNC machining processes.
- Experience of using Sigma Nesting software and Solid Edge 3D CAD software.
- Experience of using ERP or MRP systems
To Apply: Applicants can submit a completed application form or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org