Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – General Operative (Magherafelt Site)
Job Reference – C06
Hours of Work – Monday-Thursday 7:30am – 4:45pm & Friday 7:30am – 1:30pm
Job Summary – General Operatives are responsible for various aspects of the production process. Working in one area or across the site to meet the needs of preparation, kitting and fabrication support.
- Available overtime paid at time and a half rate
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Half day Friday
- 4 day working week (dependent on the role)
- Additional holidays for Length of Service
- Separate and sort materials post laser cutting and distribute to the next stage of the fabrication process.
- Work from lists and drawings to pull together completed kits for the next stage of the production process, ensuring that parts are quality checked and clearly labelled.
- Grinding and cleaning metal assemblies ready for paint/ powder coating.
- Fettling and cleaning metal post fabrication & prepping metal for the weld stage.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- Experience working with a variety of tools, materials and equipment.
- Ensure effective use of the tools to get the job done efficiently and in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate that you have taken responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Experience of interpreting drawings and separating components/ materials for the next stage of production.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Valid forklift license.
To Apply: Please send your CV or completed application form to
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.