Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Plasma Operator
Reports To – Production Manager
Job Summary – Set up, programme and operate CNC Plasma machine to produce high quality products to required tolerances and specifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, troubleshooting problems and adjusting the machine as necessary to correct this.
- Ensure maximum machine efficiency and quality is achieved
- Read/understand work packs and job specifications to determine machine settings and material requirements
- Carry out quality inspections on cut items and adjust machine where necessary
- Identify, label and palletise cut items to suit next stage of the production process
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of operating CNC machinery within a fast-paced production environment where efficiency and quality are key
- Current forklift licence
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand how the final product should look
- Experience working with sheet metal with the ability to distinguish between material types.
- Takes responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Competent at basic maths and dimensional measuring with the use of precision measurement tools
- Experience of maintaining accurate job tracking records
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively
- Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude
- Experienced with a variety of tools, material and equipment knowing how to effectively use the tools to get the job done quickly and safely
- Valid overhead crane licence
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.