Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Procurement Officer
Job Reference – C04
Location – Coleraine
Job Summary – Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the companies operational needs are met, ensuring continuity of supply taking into account price, quality and delivery.
- Available overtime paid at time and a half rate
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Half day Friday
- 4 day working week (dependent on the role)
- Additional holidays for Length of Service
Hours of Work – 41 hour contract. Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 5:15pm, Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule flow of Production parts to meet daily Production demand and highlight any supply problems which may impact business operations
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, developing and maintaining successful supplier relationships.
- Release of orders to the supplier network based on current demand.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reports – identify business risks and opportunities.
- Push for improved Supplier performance and challenge to reduce supplier lead times.
- Provide analysis and suggest actions on current stock holding in relation to existing inventory management.
- Work with suppliers to help them support our Production/Quality expectations with view to cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintain accurate supplier pricing.
- Issue and Management of Tenders, Resourcing and Cost Saving Projects.
- Administration tasks associated with job role.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- Experience in Material Planning/Purchasing.
- Good mathematical & analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and self-motivated.
- Professional and ability build good supplier relations.
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good IT skills with demonstrable experience of MS Office especially MS Excel Intermediate Level.
- Experience operating in an engineering environment.
- Demonstrate examples of Cost Savings Projects and Tender experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highest level of integrity, respect, honesty and trust.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with high energy to drive for results.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take a lead role on projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines in Manufacturing Environment.
- Negotiation skills.
- Customer focus.
- Dependable and committed.
- Drive for results.
- Excellent listening skills.
To Apply: Applicants can submit a completed application form or CV to email@example.com
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.