Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Production Supervisor (Magherafelt Site)
Responsible To – Production Manager
Hours of Work – Monday-Thursday 7:30am – 4:45pm & Friday 7:30am – 1:30pm
Job Summary – The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day to day planning, directing and coordinating of the activities and resources necessary for the manufacturing of products to ensure delivery against KPI’s within their team.
The Production Supervisor supports the Production Manager in ensuring teams are managed and developed, understanding how to obtain the best results from their people by ensuring adequate support, training and measurements are used to obtain results.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that targets for on time delivery, output, quality, waste and other KPI’s are met.
- Recommend and assist with the implementation of measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and/or efficiency.
- Conduct or assign employee training in equipment operations, work and safety procedures as appropriate.
- Read work orders and production schedules to determine production requirements and escalate any short fall in resource, material and equipment necessary to complete work necessary.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services as required.
- Understand the importance of customer service and the company culture relating to meeting our customers’ expectations and manage the team effectively to ensure this is achieved, within company guidelines.
- Work with the Quality Team and facilitate the inspection of materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and work within the ISO quality system of the Company.
- Lead teams through encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Contribute to the development of factory employees and assist the Production Manager with on-going training and development ensuring it is incorporated into individual training plans to encourage multi-skilled working and pro-active succession planning.
- Assist the Production Manager with the efficient and timely management of all day to day people management issues including sickness absence, holiday management and working time, and complaints, disciplinaries and grievances.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day health and safety matters and ensuring procedures are adhered to, including compliance with PPE requirements.
- Ensure all team members comply with all PPE requirements as appropriate.
- Manage effective housekeeping within all areas of the factory in line with corporate standards.
- Complete training provided by the company to ensure there is adequate resource of qualified first aiders and fire marshals.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Any other reasonable task as required by the Production Manager.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience within a manufacturing Supervisor role
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A good people leader with strong people management capability demonstrated through experience of engaging, motivating and coordinating teams that delivery results on time.
- IT literate with the ability to draft and present data in report form if necessary, using Microsoft Suite.
- Good literacy skills to communicate in writing when necessary.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity, with a drive to find the solution and work around problems and obstacles.
- A passion for continuous improvement, learning from mistakes and seeking opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Results driven with a personal commitment to delivery.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate clearly and adapt your message for your audience.
- Great interpersonal skills, building strong relationships within your team ensuring colleagues are on board and committed to delivery of the result.
- Driven to develop team members, building capability within the teams and ensure a succession pipeline for the future.
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.