Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Quality & Process Engineer (General)
Responsible To – Quality & Process Improvement Manager + Production Manager
Hours of Work – Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 5:15pm & Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Job Summary – The main purpose of the role is to:
- Define and produce Production Process and Quality related documentation.
- Perform inspection and testing duties to ensure that manufactured parts fulfill all internal and customer requirements.
- Review processes/systems to continually improve product quality and reduce costs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The role will cover both the Fabrication and Coating sides of the business with eventual focus on one or the other, depending on the final base site. Assembly operations performed on all sites.
- The Individual may be required to work across all 4 sites.
- Working with Sales and Cost & Estimating teams with a focus on proactive, up front work, required to have the job production ready for the site.
- Conduct visual inspections to ensure products produced by the company and its sub-contractors/suppliers meet the quality standards set by the Company, the client and industry standards.
- Investigate, resolve, and implement corrective/preventative actions through improvement processes.
- Be key point of contact for all production personnel on all matters regarding product quality issues.
- In conjunction with Production Supervisors and Managers, assist in the development of new or alternative procedures / processes to ensure that cost effective production methods are being used to maintain/improve the required quality levels.
- Liaise with client and sub-contractor quality representatives to support and achieve product acceptance and handover.
- Resolve all quality issues as they arise in a timely and cost-effective manner to maintain and strengthen client, sub-contractor, and supplier relationships.
- Define and produce all Production Process and Quality related documentation, ensuring compliance with the latest client, industry and national standards/specifications.
- Support the Management of ISO 9001:2015 standards via internal and external audits, ensuring related actions are implemented and maintained.
- Support the operations team in compliance with quality system process and procedures.
- Maintain Non-Conformance process including capture, root cause analysis an implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Improve and develop the use of department KPIs, meeting business objectives to deliver year on year continuous improvement.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to see flaws in coatings, welds or structural imperfections in the metal.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and an understanding of how the final product should look.
- Methodical and accurate in investigating and recording findings.
- Ability to problem solve, using standard methodologies e.g. 8D, 5 why, Brainstorming, Fishbone.
- Ability to be concise and exact when presenting technical information / solutions.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and processes (ISO 9001:2015).
- Ability to comprehend, read and write English fluently, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent attendance record and willingness to be flexible with time.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating resolution of situations through compromise and negotiation.
- Level 5 or above HND, NVQ, Graduate Certificate or Diploma in a relevant discipline to the role.
- Demonstrative experience in performing internal audit Certification (ISO9001).
- Knowledge of ERP or MRP systems.
- Sound working knowledge of fabrication, coating and assembly processes / techniques and associated problems within the manufacturing process.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.