Maine Surface Finishing is an engineering company offering a range of fabricated components and assemblies which includes a surface finishing operation by powder coating or wet spraying. The Company has four production facilities based in Coleraine, Dunloy, Garvagh and Magherafelt.
Job Title – Welder/ Fabricator
Job Reference – C05
Reports To – Production Manager
Job Summary – The purpose of the role is to ensure the successful production of bespoke products to customer requirements throughout the welding and fabrication area.
- Available overtime paid at time and a half rate
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Half day Friday
- 4 day working week (dependent on the role)
- Additional holidays for Length of Service
Location – Magherafelt & Garvagh
Hours of Work – 7:00am – 17:30pm, Monday to Thursday.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Management Team within Maine Surface Finishing.
- 2 years’ experience in MIG/MAG welding to a high standard of various dimensions and types of metal. Working on bespoke products and a range of material thickness from 2 mm – 25 mm
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and prepare assemblies understanding how the final product should look.
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records.
- Basic mathematical calculations and unit conversion skills.
- Ability to see flaws in welding or structural imperfections in the metal.
- Takes full responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Ability to work on own initiative to resolve any weld related issues.
- Previous experience of finishing operations.
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Welding certification to recognised standards.
- Qualified as a coded welder
- Previous experience of TIG welding.
- Coded Welder qualification
- Forklift License
- Certified and have previous experience in overhead cranes and gantries
Applicants can submit a completed application form or CV to email@example.com
Please note that either a CV or completed Application Form will be accepted. We do however require a completed Equality Monitoring form for each applicant.